Echelon Consulting Is...
- A full-service application development and application strategy house
- A seasoned team of fulltime software engineers based in Chicago
- An overnight suppport team to cover our European clients and the U.S. overnight
- An ethical firm that seeks to achieve long-term partnerships with our clients, not one-off projects
- A firm who not only cares about you our client, but also about our employees -- we have very low turnover
- A firm that understands people, process and technology
Our Expertise is in Full Lifecyle Application Development
Our firm consists of software engineers who know how to build enterprise-class software. Our engineers are very well rounded and are capable of helping anywhere in the process:
- Business Idea Stage -- At this stage, a business need has been identified outside of a technology choice. We can help analyze technology platforms by taking into consideration your legacy applications, existing technology platforms, and brand new technology platforms. By understanding what you have and knowing what we know about new technologies, we can help you come to business-realistic conculsions.
- RFP Stage -- We can help you write functional and technical requirements such that they can be sent out as part of an RFP process. By writing precise requirements and having a thorough understanding of software development technologies, we can help you get to a stage of soliciting fixed-bid proposals as opposed to high-level, ballpark proposals.
- Development Stage -- At this stage the initial requirements have been created either via traditional waterfall or newer agile methodologies. We have the expertise to build enterprise-class software from the ground up.
- Maintenance / Upgrade Stage -- At this stage, the application already exists, but it either needs to be enhanced or repaired. The documentation you have may or may not be fully developed. We have the expertise to understand your systems and apply pinpoint solutions in as an efficient way as possible.
Staying Ahead of the Curve
By definitiion, a consultancy must stay ahead of the curve in order to stay relevant. Over the past 15 years we have done just that. In addition to our project work, our team members are constantly tinkering with new techniques, frameworks, and technology stacks.
A sampling of some innovative use of technologies are:
- Utilizing SharePoint 2010 as the secured content provider for both internal-facing and public-facing custom iPad apps that we have created
- Creating a front-end Liferay portlet that interacts with the LexisNexis InterAction customer relationship management system
- Utilizing the Oracle SES search engine as the content provider for dynamic SharePoint web parts
- Utilzing the latest Dojo framework to build a zero-flashing interface that interacts with Peoplesoft
Hiring Software Engineers
Check out out our job postings on:
Come see us at our upcoming recruiting events:
- Sept. 10, 2012: Corporate Connection After Hours, University of Illionis at Urbana-Champaign
- Sept. 11, 2012: ECS Fall Engineering Career Fair, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Sept. 12, 2012: On-Campus Interviews, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Sept. 25, 2012: SWE/TBP Career Fair, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor
- Sept. 26, 2012 On-Campus Interviews at Bell Tower Hotel, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor
Click here to go to Careers page